St. Bonaventure Elementary
Almost immediately after establishing a Catholic church in 1877, Columbus Catholic residents began planning to build a parish school. In 1878, that became a reality when the first Catholic school in Columbus was opened up where the current Scotus Central Catholic High School is located. As the school grew and expanded, there was a need for a new elementary school to be built.
On June 26, 1950, the first spade of earth was turned for the new St. Bonaventure Elementary School as well as a new convent building to house the sisters in this area. In 1990, a preschool program was started, which began in a small part of the convent building. As the preschool program grew, more room was needed. In 2004, a new preschool and childcare addition was added to the west end of the current elementary building. Interested in learning more? Call today, 402-564-7153.